Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Much Appreciation Shown

Just got an email from Shalynn, the mayor's secretary and thought I'd share it.


As you know, the party was a huge success. I could NOT have done it without all of ya'll help. From the game ideas to the prizes, this celebration was a big hit. I cannot even think how I could show my appreciation to the crew from Ohio. As you know, people may not say it often enough, but I truely thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.My favorite game was the throwing the M.R.E. at the toilet rim. That was an original.Thanks again,Shalynn


I also talked to John and heard that Sophie told him about a little girl who won one of the prizes playing a game at the Halloween party last night. When she was given her prize she refused it, saying "I can't take that". Someone from our team asked her why she couldn't take it to which she replied, "We didn't lose everything. I'd rather someone who lost everything have it". Awwww.... The appreciation and selflessness I've seen in the people there always amazes me. I hope that I would be as gracious if I had to experience what they have.

No comments: