Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Personal Comments from Crew

Brian didn't call in last night so there' s nothing new to report at this time. I'm assuming that (1) he knew I would be out, and (2) they're all really, really tired. Chris did send another picture of a lady named Theresa who was very grateful for the work the group is doing and invited them to her store for a good dinner.














I also checked at the Fairfield Echo site and found that they have a daily log up there now. I found these comments from the crew posted over there and thought I would put them here as well.

Here are some personal comments from our crew there:

First Impressions upon arriving in Grand Isle
Rick Barnhill, a parishioner from Winton Road Church of God:When we got here last night, it was just a shock of total devastation. Even though it's been a month later, just how much damage is still here and how much debris is around and just devastation. It's just a true shock to see this and we're just glad to be here and help them.

Chris Cottrell, a guest pastor from Ansonia:I think when I came down here when I arrived with the group, I think it started to see the faces with all the destruction that we had seen and heard about and that just adds starts to the story in seeing the pain in their faces and the hope that knowing people are coming to help them. It's a good thing to be doing and we're looking forward to the work. We're going to be working hard and they're going to be working hard and there is a need for more to come. I'm down here with the group to work with them and also possibly see what I might be able to do with another group as well. Maybe even from my church.


Halloween Party Impressions
Debbie Hall, a parishioner from Winton Road Church of God:Tonight was awesome to see these kids, you know, knowing what they've been through and weren't sure if they were going to have any trick or treat or not. It was real neat to see the community come together and do what they did for them.

Donna Hamblin, a parishioner from Winton Road Church of God:I don't know what to say except it's overwhelming here. We've worked really hard today, we've had fun with kids at the party. It's just been a real blessing. We enjoyed every minute of it even though we're so tired we can't hardly stand up.

No comments: